SAP ABAP Certification
The topic of certification is discussed in the section SAP Certification in detail. So let me just brief it and focus on SAP ABAP certification. SAP offers a full suite of training programs / courses and certifications. If you enroll and pass a certification exam, you are SAP Certified consultant for that area. It also provides you a logo you can use in your signature at the end of mail or your profile.
There are two ways in which you can approach ABAP certification:
- by undergoing SAP ABAP training offered by SAP Education and appearing for the certification examination at the end of the training. SAP training is very expensive so be clear about your objective, what you want to achieve from it.
- you can register and appear for certification exam without attending any formal SAP training if you are having the relevant experience in the SAP industry. This option is for the experienced professionals working in ABAP who want to enhance their credentials by adding the SAP ABAP certification to their portfolio.
There are 2 levels of certification for ABAP. The first is 'Associate' level for which we discussed the above options and the contents of the exam are based on a course material. Associate level means the candidate is qualified to apply his skills practically but under the experts' guidance in a project environment.
The second is 'Professional' level and is based on real world SAP experience. The contents of this exam are not based on any course material but on project experience.
Following is a list of certifications available from SAP - first 2 for Associate level and 3rd for Professional level :
- SAP Certified Development Associate - ABAP with SAP NetWeaver 7.0 (C_TAW12_70)This certificate means that the person has fundamental understanding of SAP ABAP and can apply these skills to an SAP project under supervision.
- SAP Certfied Development Associate- ABAP with SAP Netweaver 7.02 (C_TAW12_71) This certificate is same as above but with newer version of SAP Netweaver.
- SAP Certified Development Professional - ABAP with SAP NetWeaver 7.0 (P_ABAP_70) This certificate means that the person has an advanced understanding of the subject and can apply skills and provide guidance in a project environment.
Following discussions can be of interest to you: Frequently Asked Questions about SAP Certification, How to Prepare for a Certification Exam in 5 Simple Steps.